Certified Pharmacy Technician
BASIC FUNCTION: To assist the Pharmacist/Physician with daily operations of the pharmacy department. Mix chemotherapy.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist pharmacist with outpatient prescription filling by computer order entry, label preparation and counting of medication units.
- Assist pharmacist with filling of syringes and IV mixture bags, including chemotherapy.
- Perform daily inventory control function of pharmacy by monitoring use of supplies, reordering necessary items at the direction of the Pharmacist and documenting orders received.
- Answer department telephone, take messages, and direct to appropriate party.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Order all necessary medical supplies for the Center.
- Sort, bundle, and file old prescriptions.
- Perform daily end of day duties to include, but not limited to:
• Balance cash drawer and send to business office
• Send order to wholesaler
- Verify patient insurance and getting the necessary prior authorizations when necessary to fill prescriptions.
- Act as pharmacy system liaison between QS1 and SmartID Works in processing transactions, system maintenance, updates, integrity checks and purges.
- Working with Patient Assistance Programs, pharmaceutical replacement and free drug programs and other tasks deemed necessary to assist customers financial needs.
- Communicate with patients and physician office staff to coordinate medication refills.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED). Licensed / Certified State Board of Pharmacy preferred. Medical office experience or pharmacy experience preferred.
Job Knowledge: Basic knowledge and familiarity of anatomy and medical terminology preferred. Good communication skills: ability to deal effectively with all types of people, internally and externally. Should have basic computer skills.
Physical Demands: Requires standing and walking for extensive periods. Moderate lifting of inventory required. Potential exposure to chemotherapy.
Required Experience: Pharmacy Technician – 1 year, Oncology Preferred
Experience in OncoEMR is a plus.
- must interact with the public
- work closely with others
- manage stressful situations
- be accurate
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance